Policies and Procedures
- Open 9 a.m. daily, Monday-Sunday, call (877) SPA-2070 or click here to reserve your spa appointments.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment so you have ample time to change and relax. We want your spa experience to be unhurried and restful. If you arrive after your service time is scheduled, we will do our best to accommodate you and move your start time. If we are unable to do so, your service time will begin as scheduled. The length of service will depend on your arrival time.
- We wish to make your treatment as enjoyable as possible, so communicating your needs to us is especially important for your comfort. Upon arriving at the spa, you will be asked to fill out a form that communicates your special needs for draping, sensitivities and allergies.
- We have plush robes and slippers for you in a full range of sizes, so there is no need to bring your own robe or footwear. Our bamboo/cotton blend robes are also available for purchase in our Spa Boutique.
- You will be provided with a private locker in the changing room to store your valuables and clothing while you enjoy your treatments. We are not responsible for lost personal property, and suggest the use of the lockers for storage of jewelry and valuables while you enjoy the spa.
- You may enjoy your treatments fully draped or with minimal draping. Please remove all that may hinder the flow of your treatment.
- Before enjoying whirlpools and sauna, please shower to remove body oils, massage oils and make-up.
- Our whirlpools and saunas are unisex and communal, so please bring and wear a bathing suit to those areas.
- Our Spa Cafe serves light meals and beverages and is located within the spa. You are welcome to enjoy dining in your robe or spa attire. Our other restaurants, Lola's on the Lake, and Otto's are in close proximity to the spa, but open to the public, so you will be more comfortable in resort attire while dining there.
- Please respect the peaceful atmosphere of the spa with quiet conversation. We prohibit use of cell phones while in the spa. In addition, the use of cameras, still or video, are not allowed inside the spa.
- The burning of candles or use of any open flames are strictly prohibited in the guest rooms.
- We accept VISA, Master Card, Discover Card and American Express. We are pleased to provide group billings or can bill separately. You may also choose to bill your spa services to your room.
- The spa is available to young adults 16 years of age when accompanied by an adult. Younger children are welcome in the salon.
- To be most comfortable during your treatment, please refrain from eating a large meal or consuming alcohol at least one hour prior to your service.
- Tipping is not included in our published rates. An 20% service charge is added to all spa services. Gratuities may be adjusted by the discretion of the guest.
- If you wish to continue the benefits of your spa experience at home, many of the products used in your services are available in our Spa Boutique.
- Gift certificates are available for purchase at the Spa Front Desk.
- Aspira Spa Room Packages are available throughout the year.
- You must notify our spa desk at least 24 hours before your appointment to cancel without a charge. Cancellations made within 24 hours or no-shows will be charged in full. Appointments made for the same day cannot be cancelled, and will be charged in full. All appointments require a major credit card upon scheduling.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. We collect and use personal information when you make a booking through our reservation system, stay at our resort or sign up for any Osthoff communications. The types of personal information that we may process include:
- your name, home and work contact details, business title and date of birth;
- guest stay information, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and holiday preferences);
- your credit card details, online user account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require a specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services);
- information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
- information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems;
- contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g., travel agents or meeting and event planners); and
- geolocation information for our mobile internet and app users, upon your consent
We may also collect information from you when you browse our website, use our mobile applications or participate in certain services at The Osthoff Resort, such as wireless internet services. In these instances, information such as your country information, internet protocol (“IP”) address, media access control address and other characteristics about your system or device may be automatically collected. This information may be collected for functional purposes as well as to improve your experience when using these services. This information may also be used for aggregated trend and statistical analysis, and for showing you more relevant advertisements and messages.
Most of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf knowingly provides to us. However, in some instances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide to us or in our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party.
How We Use Information
Demographic and profile data is collected at our site, and we use this data in two main ways:
First, we analyze visitor information in aggregate, which means that we collect information about thousands of site visits and analyze it as a whole. This kind of study involves looking for trends among many visitors to our site, rather than analyzing information about any individual visitor. Examples include researching which parts of the site are accessed most frequently or determining which products are most attractive to our users.
Second, we may use specific information you provide to help us customize our communications with you and improve our service to you when you visit our resort, to conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys and to direct marketing and sales promotions. For instance, if you inform us of a room or service preference, we will attempt to satisfy that request when you visit us in the future and may send you promotions relating to that preference.
We use third parties to build and manage these communication and preference systems, and our arrangements with these third parties prohibit them from disclosing your personal information.
Specifically, subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to:
- provide and charge for the hotel accommodation and other goods and services you purchase;
- provide you with a better, more personalized level of service;
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators or other loyalty programs);
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, direct marketing and sales promotions;
- respond to requests for information and services;
- provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- administer general record keeping; and
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
Sharing of Personal Information
We reveal Personally Identifiable Information about you to unaffiliated third parties, if:
- you request or authorize it;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets);
- the disclosure is done as part of a changeover in management of a hotel or restaurant from The Osthoff Resort to a third party;
- the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.); or
Every e-mail communication from The Osthoff Resort or its authorized agents, except reservation confirmations and the like, will contain clear and obvious instructions for how you can remove yourself from that mailing list (“Opt-out”).
Third Party Internet Sites
Third party internet sites available through advertising and other links on our site have separate privacy and data collection practices. If you click on a link found on our websites or on any other website, you should always look at the location bar within your browser to determine whether you have been linked to a different website. This Policy, and our responsibility is limited to our own information collection practices. We are not responsible for, and cannot always ensure, the information collection practices or privacy policies of other websites maintained by third parties or our service providers where you submit your personal information directly to such websites. In addition, we cannot ensure the content of the websites maintained by these third parties or our service providers, even if accessible using a link from our websites. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of any external sites before providing any personal information while accessing those sites.
The Security of Your Information
We work diligently to protect the security of your personal information, including credit card information, during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Your data is kept in a highly secure environment protected from access by unauthorized parties. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your customer profile by ensuring that you logoff when you have finished visiting our site.
We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness.
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons. Examples of the kinds of cookies we use on our site are below:
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser. We use session cookies to grant you access to our web page content and to enable more efficient use of our hotel booking engine
- Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our users.
- Third-party cookies: In keeping with our policies, these session or persistent cookies are set only by trusted partners of our site. For example, we currently use a web analytics service to help us understand usage patterns of our website. No personal data is stored and site usage is always analyzed on an aggregate (and anonymous) basis.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ You can choose to visit our websites without cookies, but in some cases, certain services, features and functionality may not be available. To visit without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie has been set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. By entering and using our site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
“Do Not Track” Browser Settings
We do not use technology that responds to “Do Not Track” settings on your web browser.
Use of Reporting Services
We may use independent reporting services to analyze traffic to our website. These reporting services do not create individual profiles for each visitor and do not maintain a database of individual profiles. These services only collect aggregate data, which is used solely for analytical purposes. This kind of study involves looking for trends among many visitors to our site, rather than analyzing information about any individual visitor.
We many employ a browser monitor within web pages on our site in order to determine your browser status and the client-side metrics relating to page loading. We constantly seek ways to improve page load times for our visitors and may ultimately use these metrics for such purposes. Any such browser monitor will only be active while the user is active on our site. For your protection, any such browser monitor will not require an executable (*.exe) application.
Like most Internet sites, we use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our site.
Our websites do not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use our websites with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Changes to this Policy
Just as business changes constantly, this Policy may also change. To assist you, this Policy has an effective date set out at the end of this document.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies or any other matter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy is effective as of July 26, 2018.